These interesting times...
Hey Everyone – we hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!
As you know, for the foreseeable future, all live music venues and shows (at the least in the state of Washington) are closed or canceled. We can't wait until we can get together again and rehearse, and play for you!
These unprecedented times are impacting the live music community and the very establishments that we play. We have all seen shows getting canceled or postponed by our colleagues in the local music scene, all the way up to national touring acts. For some, this is an inconvenience, to others, it may mean they can’t make rent. Up to 60-70% of a professional musician’s income is from touring and merch sales!
While the number one focus should be on everyone’s health and safety, there are a few things you can still do to help support your local music scene while we get through this together:
- Find your favorite local bands' website and Facebook page. Sign up for their email list, like their band page, and if available, buy something from their online store. If they are hosting a Live Stream, watch it and tip them!
- If your favorite bar/restaurant that hosts live music is doing take out/delivery for food, please order from them. This is their only business at the moment!
- Buy music from your local independent record store. (THIS is a great one in the Seattle area)
We don’t have music or merch to offer you, but you can still sign up for our email list, visit and like our FaceBook page, and most importantly, be kind to each other!
To make this more interesting, while you are visiting our website, take a look at our song list. If you think there is one we should add, let us know in the comments on our FaceBook page.
Once you have done the above, go wash your hands, put on some music, stay healthy and safe, and please leave some toilet paper for the rest of us.
We look forward to seeing you all at our next shows as soon as it is safe to do so!
-Dan, Tom, Sheryl & Jim
Who we are
Gray Area is a high energy rock cover band from the greater Seattle Area.
We specialize in playing up-tempo popular rock music spanning the late 70’s to the mid-2000s. Every song on our song list is one that is immediately familiar and makes the crowd want to dance and sing along.
The band members are all in our 50’s and we play the music with authenticity because we literally grew up on most of it!
- You Wreck Me - Tom Petty
- Can't Get Enough - Bad Company
- Hard to Handle - The Black Crows
- Destroyer - The Kinks
- Should I Stay or Should I Go - The Clash
- Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds
- Our Lips are Sealed - The Go Go's
- Just What I Needed - The Cars
- Train in Vain - The Clash
- The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
- Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
- 500 Miles - The Proclaimers
- Good - Better Than Ezra
- All the Small Things - Blink 182
- You Really Got Me - The Kinks
- Fight for your Right - Beastie Boys
- Rock and Roll All night - KISS
- I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty
- Bad Moon Rising - CCR
- Glory Days - Bruce Springsteen
- Roadhouse Blues - The Doors
- Crossroads - Cream
- Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones
- Cigarettes and Alcohol - Oasis
- 3am - Matchbox 20
- Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
- Real World - Matchbox Twenty
- Basket Case - Green Day
- My Own Worst Enemy - Lit
- Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks
- Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
- 8675309/Jenny - Tommy Tutone
- My Sharona - The Knack
- I Melt with you - Modern English
- What I like about you - The Romantics
- Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
- I want you to want me - Cheap Trick
- Just Like Heaven - The Cure
- The Breakup Song - Greg Khin
- Inside Out - Eve 6
- When I come around - Green Day
- Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters
- Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks
- Honky Tonk Woman - Rolling Stones
- Take it Easy - The Eagles
- American Girl - Tom Petty
- All Right Now - Free
- Love Removal Machine - The Cult
- Anything, Anything - Dramarama
- Fulsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash